Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Blog Nouveau

Attention blog readers!

I am attempting to make my blog better. A must-read, if you will. As you can see from the chic new background, I am trying to assimilate into my computer-savvy blogging generation (it's about time!) and make my blog a little more to look at. I know you all must be sad to part with the black background and white writing--as unique as it was--but, unfortunately, all good things must come to and end.

But don't just think this blog is all about physical appearances now. ["My teacher says Real beauty's on the inside. --That's just something ugly people say."]* Just as the adage says you can't judge a book by it's a cover, you can't judge a blog by it's shabbyblogs template, no matter how cute the vintage-stacked-books-and-blossoming-red-flower is. I want to make the content as pleasing as the aesthetics. So would you, could you, help me improve the blog? Tell me what you like to read and what's just plain crap. Although, I would appreciate you saying something more euphemistic than crap:-) Any suggestions are welcome and encouraged, from all readers--whether they are self-proclaimed followers, die-hard fans (you know you're out there!), closet-readers, or simply passersby.

Happy blogging.

Note: This may be the one time in my life I actually ask for criticism and admit a weakness, because who needs criticism when you are perfect? Baha. Nevertheless, you might want to take advantage of this.

*Name that movie!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I like your vocabulary. And your thinker ones. To be honest, if it's really long I just end up skimming, unless I'm @ work, I'll read it all :) I like your blog

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

The movie is Liar Liar. Do I get a prize? I like to read things that are uniquely Jessica. There is a lot of literature in the world that is drab and opaque. I want to read things that are different from the bleakness because they are written by Jessica. The separation can come from your vocabulary, humour, insightful thoughts or anything else that defines Jessica. As long as you write in your own way, I'm sure your readers will continue.
P.S. On another note, I'm sorry I didn't mention the Pumpkin Cannon in Logan. I guess I saw it while you were talking and I didn't want to interrupt or something; I can't imagine why I wouldn't point it out. It was just on the side of the road with a big sign that said "Pumpkin Cannon." Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Liar Liar, I called it first DW. :) Ummmmmm I love your blog, I'm just being honest. You make me happy, and your words just remind me of long hours spent talking in our dark bunk beds, going to the national portrait gallery, and annoying sam with our ridiculous semse of humor :) I love this blog, and I love you. I CAN'T wait for Friday.