Thursday, June 16, 2011

We've got [dramatic pause] Personality!

So, this might be the best post you see from me all year.  My life can only go downhill from here.

Stewart and I got scouted by a talent recruiter on Monday at In-N-Out in West Valley. Yes, West Valley. Classy.  One minute we're enjoying hamburgers and the next a black man has approached us wearing a nice amount of bling.  The hight points of the conversation:

Frank: "I been watching you two, and y'all have got personality!" (If you could hear my impression of his voice it would probably make these comments 10x cooler.)

Frank: "I work for a talent agency, it's legit. It's called 789 talent.  And we need F***in' talent.  Imma speak to y'all like a brother.  This is serious s***."

Frank: "You guys, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I've been in movies."
Stewart: "What movies have you been in?"
Frank: "Oh, all sorts.  I've been a bus driver, been in one called Probability, another horror film.  (Starts to churckle.) You know, I was just in a student film--you know what it was called? "Home Alone: Mothaf***a! That one was pretty cool."

Frank: "You, young lady.  You would make a great model.  (Stewart laughs. Thanks.) No, I'm serious!"
Frank: "And this guy (points to Stewart) --he crazy! He crazy.  He'd be a great actor."

Basically, what I'm trying to say is I am a really big deal.  I mean, surely the fastest way to super-stardom is by starring in a student-made film with an expletive in the title.

Look for me in Hollywood, y'all! Imma speak to you like a brotha.

6 comments:

Jane Anne said...

You really WOULD be a good model. That is hilarious. How did you not just burst out laughing?? Can't wait to see you!!

Michelle Montgomery said...

Oh you two...you really do gots sum personality! Love it. I watch those kind of movies all the time Jess...so I'll be looking for your model face! haha

Kristin Cartwright said...

Oh my gosh jess, I have never read your blog but this story makes me want to start reading every day!! So hilarious!

Meggara said...

so maybe i put you on my blog feed? sidebar? i don't know what that is called but you were put there months ago i think. i was thrilled to see your name finally come to the top. ryan will love this story! before his mission someone told him to be a model and he has loved that ever since hahaha

Holly said...

Lol! Thanks for sharing and writing it with such wit. :D

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Haha, that's funny. And CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement! I am so happy for you!