Monday, October 13, 2008

Marriage

In case you haven't heard, let me tell you:  marriage is not perfect.
Okay, so if your name is Heather or Kevin Baugh, you might be an exception to this rule.  But for everyone else, the rule still applies.
Marriage is not perfect!  It takes effort and patience and humility and practice.  I have not heard, nor will I ever hear anyone say that marriage is perfect. I have heard about so many broken engagements and divorces recently it makes my tear ducts sting.  And I'm not suggesting that all divorces or broken engagements are mistakes.  Sometimes they are definitely in order. (And I'm obviously not really one to talk about this issue, seeing how I've never been engaged or married!) But, I do want to say this:  marriage is worth fighting for.
Marriage and the establishment of a family is one of God's foremost commandments; it is essential to the creators plan. Its importance is such that we cannot gain salvation without it.  And the only way to maintain a lasting, meaningful, celestial marriage is by centering it around the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We need to be wary, every day, of the devil and his angels who work to destroy our souls and hold us captive in sin.  They focus their attack on the family because they know of its power and importance.
Please, fight for your family.  Fight for your husbands and your wives and your children to stay together under the hope and guidance of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I promise, it works.  Lives will be fuller, hearts will be stronger and families will be closer if they are unequivocally centered on the teachings of Jesus Christ.  I promise.  Please don't forget it.

1 comment:

kevin and heather said...

You are so sweet, but yes my Marriage isn't perfect (but pretty dang close) :) I love you! Great Blog by the way..