Right now I am sitting on one of two well worn couches in my apartment, Virginia 2, at Liberty Square in Provo, Utah. I'm simultaneously watching "You've Got Mail," sipping a cup of french vanilla hot chocolate that my roommate Sydney made me, chatting on facebook, and conveniently putting off writing a 2 page paper for my Spanish class. And even though sometimes I wish my papers would just write themselves, and I wish I would've done better on a test or in a class, and even though I almost always wish I could get to bed earlier and get just a little more sleep, I am happy to be right here, enjoying this moment. It is perfect in all its simplicity. So I promise to take all of these simple moments in, 'cause I know that life's not perfect and it never will be. Life doesn't have to be perfect; it only needs to be good. I am finding that despite the challenges, life can always be good. That's why right now, I'll finish my hot chocolate, enjoy the rest of this movie, and frantically write my Spanish paper afterward. I've got my perfect moment, now I'll just sit back and breathe it in; I might never get a moment like this one again.
1 comment:
:D beautifully said Jes
Post a Comment