Monday, July 13, 2009

Braces Shmaces


I would like to dedicate this post to all of the wonderful people who laughed in my face 6 months ago; to all the people who asked questions so stupid and annoying I had to fight to hold onto my sanity (and self-esteem); to every time I had to decide what to answer when faced with the awkward declaration: "Oh. You got braces..."; to the friend who scoffed and said "You got braces again?! How old are you?"; and, to my absolute favorite, Emily Brown, who reminded me that she would "Never, ever, ever, EVER, ever, Ever, Ever, ever, EVER, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER get braces again at this age. Even if someone paid her." This one goes out to you.

Because here I am 6 months later, laughing in your face, with a mouth full of perfectly straight, pearly-white teeth.

Yes, that day has finally come. All I have to say is, "What braces?"

7 comments:

Jane Anne said...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES. You look gorgeous

Rachel said...

hahhhahah amazing jess!! look @ those pearly whites!

kevin and heather said...

I like the pic. They look so good!

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Brace youself, here comes a compliment: I always thought you looked good with braces.
Is Emily Brown a friend of yours? A current friend? Did she write out "EVER, ever, Ever" or did she use intonation to emphasize the capital letters, through speech? So many questions! Congratulations on losing the braces, but winning the straight teeth.
-Wallace (Frank left, his Summer was up)

Anonymous said...

ha HA! This is my victory laugh because I was the THIRD person to see youououououou!!! bwahahahaa! ps, thank you so much for the pudding! I ate it for lunch yeseterday :)

Mandy Owens said...

Yay! 6 months isn't too big a price to pay for pretty teeth and you look gorgeous!

Michael and Me said...

Hey, hey hey now. I did not scoff. I would never scoff. And I am hurt that you accused me of scoffing. I was merely speaking in jest about your recent acquisition of braces.

And besides all of that, your smile looks absolutely gorgeous! Totally worth it. You look beautiful... teeth, smile, cute button nose and all.