Saturday, July 18, 2009

Once upon a time, I met a girl from South Africa. 
Who became my best friend.
Then decided to get married in Johannesburg this July.
And asked me to be her maid of honor.

Despite the heavy debts this will incur,
I am making a trek across the world to be at her wedding.
And to enjoy South Africa once again, like the crazy lucky girl that I am.
Journey starts at the airport tonight at midnight.

Pray that I don't jump from airplane windows in the depths of my insanity on a 14 hour flight.
And that I don't get attacked by a lion, whose strength is such that it could literally slap my head off (or so the South Africans tell me).

4 comments:

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Did you have a really bad experience with a lion on a plane last time you went or something? I will pray for those things not to happen. By the way, which do you think would win a battle- a Great White Shark or a Lion? I say if it's in the ocean, the shark has the upper hand, but if it's in South Africa, the Lion's the winner. If it were on the banks of South Africa, we would have a great match. How about you? Now this comment is longer than your post. Sorry to steal your thunder.

Anonymous said...

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!! I better see you as soon as you get backkkkk!!
PS. Wallace, definitely the shark, HELLO!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Jess, I need you email address!!! i am going through withdrawls without you here. please email me when you can! (justsinginintherain@hotmail.com) SOOON!

Lindsay said...

ummmm I'm a creeper...and what a happy moment to find that you have a blog! I've struggled keeping mine up but promise to pick it back up again. I hope I see you around beautiful!