If ever there was a day that words would fail to represent my thoughts, that day is today. How can I pay adequate tribute to that someone who brought me into existence? I can't. But I will try!
Happy Mother's Day! Here are a few tributary paragraphs about why mothers are great.
Being a mom is the ultimate sacrifice. I'm learning just how great that sacrifice is, now that I've seen my sisters become mothers. I wonder how they do it. I wonder how all women do it! Mothers are truly the unsung heroes of this world. They sacrifice their lives to bring snotty, bratty, impossible children into the world and hardly get any recognition. Seriously. How do they do it?
It's funny how a lot of my life I thought everything my mom did for her children was obligatory. Certainly she HAD to make my dinner every day. That's her job, right? Certainly she HAD to pay attention to anything and everything I wanted her to. Certainly she HAD to know exactly the right words to say when I was depressed or lonely. How ignorant I was in thinking that way! I wish I would've realized sooner that every single thing she did for me was at her own self-sacrifice. That is love that is hard to come by. That is certainly the kind of love that is only felt from our mothers.
Mothers are the great followers of Christ. I can hardly think of any other person (or group of people) that was willing to sacrifice their life for someone else's. In my mom's case, she sacrificed her life for five someone else's. And for that, I am forever indebted to her, just as I am forever indebted to the Savior.
I love you mom! Thanks for simultaneously being my best friend, my mentor, my playmate, my hero, my maid (sorry about that), my nurturer and everything else that entails. I know I can never thank you enough, but that won't stop me from trying.
5 comments:
Jessica!
You are so sweet! Your mom is very lucky, and so am I to be your roommate, Even if we only live together for six weeks.
Wow, that tribute makes my card seem insignificant. Seriously. Mom read that, didn't she?
Love the new layout btw. I like the photo. You look gorgeous and I want that sweatshirt. And where was that taken?
It was taken on our safari in South Africa! And yes, I love that sweatshirt. 10 bucks from Urban
that was a great post Jess. You are so sweet. I miss you. Let me know when you are going to call so I can be there next time, and tell holly to post on my blog.
love Heather
You are definitely a better daughter than I could ever be.
Post a Comment