1. I should have known today would not be one of my better days when I got made fun of by a complete stranger before 9:00 this morning. I had just finished eating my granola bar as I was walking to class, so I started to clean out my teeth while we were waiting to cross the street. Suddenly I realized there was a man stopped in his car and looking at me. At first I thought he was mad at me for no other reason than being a pedestrian (which seemed plausible), but when I looked closer I realized he had his hand in his mouth, imitating and making fun of my every move. Then he pointed and laughed. No joke. Haha okay, so I AM joking about the pointing. But he did laugh. I just walked away and didn't really know what to think. I mean, you don't really expect to be made fun of by strangers on your way to school, but sometimes this world has a way of surprising you.
2. I went to dinner and spilled almost my entire drink as soon as we sat down at our table. Luckily we were outside, and luckily the drink didn't end up tasting very good anyway. But, still. You'd think after 20 years of living in this body and notoriously spilling drinks I would learn to be more careful with my hands when open containers of liquid are around me. But no--I still haven't learned.
3. Due to some awkward and completely FLUKE accident while I was going to the bathroom at the National Theatre tonight, I managed to lose the dial on my beautiful Betsey Johnson watch. One minute everything was fine and dandy, and the next I was staring into the toilet, looking at my poor dial in its final resting place. It couldn't have fallen on the floor. No, that would be too easy to pick up. It went straight into the toilet. I was sad for the next twenty minutes, and poor Jane Anne had to hear about it all the while. I'm still sad! Now my watch will forever be stuck on London time.
So there you have it. There are some things about myself that I will just never be able to escape. But that's alright. I like being Jessica, even if it means I have to live through nature turning its back on all probable laws of nature so that ridiculously impossible things can happen to me--like being made fun of at 8:45 in the morning by a stranger in another country, or somehow losing the dial on my watch to the toilet at the National Theatre.
3 comments:
hahahaha. I love this post. At least you didn't have my tripping problems today! I'm still so sorry about your watch!
spilling drinks...jessica, jessica, jessica. You never learn. Well it wouldn't Jessica if you didn't spill a drink. Made fun of by a stranger, been there done that. Utah state 2004: running to catch the Aggie shuttle and slipping on the ice, falling straight on my back, and all the students at the bus stop trying (but not successfully) to hold back their laughter. I am so sorry about the watch. Pretty unlucky. haha. Sorry, just kind of funny. I miss you,
Love Heather
Jessica-
I am really sorry about your burdensome and lamentable day. Look on the bright side: You will think of London every time you look at your watch, you prevented yourself from choking on the drink, and the man in the car was probably just jealous because he didn't have as nice of teeth as you. I bet by age 40 you will be used to you body.
-Wallace
Post a Comment